Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hearing Color... Literally!


I've always been able hear colors and textures in music and peoples' voices and that it wasn’t normal, but I didn’t know there was actually a name for what I was experiencing. Synesthesia literally means the combining of the senses. When a normal person perceives something, it’s only with one sense. For synesthetes, one sense will automatically and involuntarily trigger another. 
My sound-color synesthesia triggers colors, shapes and textures when I hear music and voices. One example is the voice of a classmate that's a sticky mixture of fluorescent pink and orange. 
On my blog you can find
  • Research and Facts about Synesthesia
  • My personal experiences 
  • Links to other sites, articles and blogs about synesthesia 

If you want some more information on synesthesia, check out this article in Scientific American


No comments:

Post a Comment