Monday, November 21, 2011

Acoustic Drawing

For those of you who have been wondering about when I'm posting another drawing here it is. This drawing is of one of my favorite songs by an indy artist out of Nashville.

The song is called 'Breathe With Me' by Jeremy Lister. (who, by the way is insanely talented so you should go listen to his other stuff)

This song for me is mostly blue from the actual music and the artist's voice.

The reason there is red around the edges and layered with rectangles is because that is what I see when I hear an acoustic guitar.

Since my type of sound-color synesthesia comes from musical sounds and not pitch, different instruments have different colors and patterns. In most songs where the majority of the instruments are electric their original colors can easily get lost. 'Breathe With Me' is acoustic, so the sound of the guitar isn't altered or overshadowed..

For this drawing I started by blocking out the rectangles and outlining them with either red or blue. After I finished the outline I colored in the three blue lines which are the voice and melody lines. The next step was to finish by lightly shading in each of the rectangles. I was trying to fade the red from the guitar into the blue of the song.

So far this is one of my favorite drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment